Paradise Kiss DVD
Item Code : MIR 1422
Title Name : Paradise Kiss / 天堂之吻
Version : Japanese
Number of Discs : 1 Disc (Movie)
Starring : --
Subtitles : Chinese / English / Malay
Screen Format : DVD / NTSC & All Region Code
- 1. Everyone is a watered down version of themselves. Arashi is not so punk as punk lite/what girls who read Non-no think punk is. Miwako looks less candy lolita and more like she just shops whatever's trendy that vaguely has bows and flowers on it. Freakin' Isabella looks less like fabulous aristocratic gentlewoman and more like some dude dressed up as a lady for lolz.
- 2. I really like how a rose printed sweetheart cut flouncy day dress wins the senior fashion show at a FASHION SCHOOL that's supposed to be on par with St. Martins. Seriously Parakiss movie producers, I do not buy it.
- 3. Kaori literally serves no purpose. They didn't even try to introduce her as, oh I dunno, maybe a love rival? She just hangs out in the background with her girl posse and reminds George every once in a while that she is going to beat him in fashion or w/e.
- 4. Both Kitagawa Keiko and Mukai Osamu have perpetual bitchface. Both of them also apparently can only play themselves as they always are cast in bitchy roles. Needless to say, they're not going to win any academy awards for their roles in this movie. Kitagawa Keiko's "modeling" scenes in the movie are really painful to watch...well, so are her fashion choices.
- 5. George is morphed into some weird life coach/romantic interest who is more interested in motivating random high school girls in "finding their passion in life" than actually designing clothes. I also enjoy how they essentially cut out every makeout/sex scene in the comic for one really uncomfortable almost-rape scene in a love hotel. (Movie George actually tells Yukari she should basically be ready to be raped because she agreed to come with him to a love hotel. WHAT)
- 6. Yukari ends up finding George in New York City of all places and ends up with him. WHAT. The whole point of Parakiss is NOT getting pregger'd by the hot bad boy. They could have just ended the movie with her crying in George's dress closet and I would have been more or less satisfied, but they had to tack on an extra 30 minutes of scenes of Manhattan and some bullshit ~emotional reunion~ between George and Yukari. What made it extra bad was that all the girls in the audience seemed to like it too. I AM DISSAPOINT IN YOU ALL. OMAERA WA MOU OSHARE JA NAI.