- Worldwide battles and trading using WiFi.
- Real-time clock feature changes the time of day based on the DS clock. The Pokémon you can catch vary based on the region and the time of day. Also, certain Pokémon moves' power changes based on time.
- More elaborate Pokémon Contests. Players can use the accessories and dress up their Pokémon. Players make "Poffin" out of berries to raise their Pokémon's contest stats.
- New dual-type Pokémon, new/altered moves, and new special abilities add to the already deep strategy of Pokémon battling.
- 3-D environments and updated graphics.
In the Sinnoh region, there are two Pokémon that symbolize the region. They appear in the Sinnoh reigon's myths and old folklore. One is called Dialga, and is said to have the power to control time. The other is called Palkia, who is said to have the ability to distort space. The sinister organization called Team Galaxy is trying to rule the region by utilising these two Pokémon's power. During your adventure to complete your Pokedex and become the Champion, these two Pokémon, and Team Galaxy, intertwine into the story and lead you on a fantastic journey across the Sinnoh region.
When you set off on your travels, you play as either a boy or girl Trainer. You can utilise the DS's dual slots to transfer Pokémon from the GBA Pokémon games and you can link up with Pokémon Ranger to access more special content. Pokémon fans have caught glimpses of Mime Jr., Lucario, Munchlax and Weavile in Pokémon movies, and these Pokémon feature in this game.
|No Extra Charges||N/A|